For the fish broth with Seawater:
16 oz. Mediterranea Seawater
5 quarts Water
2 lbs White fish bones
1 Clove of Garlic
1/2 lb Carrots
1/2 lb Leeks
1/2 lb Onion
4 oz Tomato
2 gr Saffron
6 oz Olive Oil
Ingredients for the sofrito:
1 Clove of garlic
4 oz. Tomato
1 Roasted red bell pepper
4 Strands of saffron
3 oz. Olive Oil
3/4 lb Spanish paella rice
3 oz. Fresh tuna
- In a pot we put the oil.
- Once hot incorporate all the previously washed and chopped vegetables.
- Once golden, add the fish bones and the shrimp skins that have previously been peeled.
- Once golden brown add the saffron, then add the mineral water and Seawater.
- Cook over very low heat no more than 60 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand covered for 30 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve.
- Put olive oil in the pan, quickly fry the shrimps, scallops and tuna, and reserve.
- Finely chop the garlic, previously peel and chop the tomatoes, and the red pepper. 10. Add the garlic, tomato and red pepper to pan and continue frying.
- Finally add the saffron threads.
- Once cooked we add the rice and 24 oz. of the Seawater broth.
- Cook over high heat for the first 10 minutes and go down to a minimum heat to complete cooking of rice.
- Two minutes before cooking time expires add the tuna, scallops and shrimp.